Sara Dos Santos
"Sara’s work comes from a global perspective and I am pleased that she has produced and choreographed some thought-provoking dance presentations at our platforms at One DanceUK/DAD. She is a trailblazer raising awareness and a call to action on global issues particularly on young female."
- Mercy Nabirye FRSA FWL of Kamara Arts
"Sara Dos Santos is a well-respected, leading industry professional in her field with a track record for producing the highest quality of work with a clear and often powerful link to social and political issues."
- Dr Heidi Ashton, Senior Lecturer,
Buckinghamshire New University
Sara is a Portuguese born, London based choreographer, movement director and emerging cultural professional, known for interlacing a variation of dance styles, cultural influences and international experiences to develop work that has been described as engaging, thought-provoking and emotionally driven. Often highlighting current social and political affairs, her work has been seen at Royal Court Theatre, The Place and Sadler’s Wells.
Recent Career Highlights:
- Africa In London mentoring Programme - Supported by Greater London Authority, British Council and Hatch Ideas.
- Board of Trustees at Chisenhale Dance Space
- Dance Umbrella - Girls in Front Commission: In partnership with Access Croydon.
- The Place - Scatter Dance Company Commission
Recent Education and Training include:
2020 - Masters of Arts in Cultural Policy, Relations and Diplomacy at Goldsmiths University.
2016 - Foundation in Dance Movement
Psychotherapy at Roehampton University
Africa in London
One of seven cultural producers selected to take part in Africa in London mentoring scheme in partnership with Greater London Authority, British Council and Hatch Ideas