Sara Dos Santos
"Sara’s work comes from a global perspective and I am pleased that she has produced and choreographed some thought-provoking dance presentations at our platforms at One DanceUK/DAD. She is a trailblazer raising awareness and a call to action on global issues particularly on young female."
- Mercy Nabirye FRSA FWL of Kamara Arts
"Sara Dos Santos is a well-respected, leading industry professional in her field with a track record for producing the highest quality of work with a clear and often powerful link to social and political issues."
- Dr Heidi Ashton, Senior Lecturer,
Buckinghamshire New University
Sara is a Portuguese born, London based choreographer, movement director and emerging cultural professional, known for interlacing a variation of dance styles, cultural influences and international experiences to develop work that has been described as engaging, thought-provoking and emotionally driven. Often highlighting current social and political affairs, her work has been seen at Royal Court Theatre, The Place and Sadler’s Wells.
Recent Career Highlights:
- Africa In London mentoring Programme - Supported by Greater London Authority, British Council and Hatch Ideas.
- Board of Trustees at Chisenhale Dance Space
- Dance Umbrella - Girls in Front Commission: In partnership with Access Croydon.
- The Place - Scatter Dance Company Commission
Recent Education and Training include:
2020 - Masters of Arts in Cultural Policy, Relations and Diplomacy at Goldsmiths University.
2016 - Foundation in Dance Movement
Psychotherapy at Roehampton University